I woke up to my phone vibrating on a lazy Sunday morning.
"3 missed calls" , it said.
One of my classmates has been trying to call me since 4 in the morning. I called back.
"Remember M? She passed away today morning. We all are in the hospital." ( I prefer not taking the name)
I said "What?" , but in a very calm tone.
I wasn't shocked, yet. Still in denial. Did that really happen? Did I hear him right? I hung up, and sat up straight.
---------
During our first semester in the University, we had these introductory sessions in every class we went to.
It was the English class and everyone was just getting to know each other. Our Ma'am told us to write four words on the board which spoke about us but still don't give away everything.
We all had gone to the board and written words like "MUSIC" "FOOTBALL", etc, which almost gave away everything.
M walked towards the board and wrote "JACK".
We all wondered what Jack meant. She gave us a minute, saw our hopeless faces and said "Jack of all, master of none" , with an ear to ear smile. Well, yes she was. She could sing, dance, write, debate and what not. She did justice to that statement.
We had a couple of common classes together. And it was always a pleasure to have her around.
You could see her hopping around in the lobby with that black-angry-bird bag pack of hers.
Couple of days back, she and my classmate were running around the campus to get signatures of certain people for the Freshers' Party which we were organizing. I, on the other hand was driving around in my friend's car, learning how to drive in the third gear without making it a big deal.
I told I'd give them a ride.
They hopped in, thinking I was pro at driving.
Whenever I released the clutch, the car stopped. This happened for about eight minutes.
I kept saying "God, this is so embarrassing."
M said "Hey, I don't even know how to put the key inside the thing. You're doing a good job. "
She called -releasing the clutch- a good job. Just so that I don't get de-motivated.
I smiled at her. Fortunately and thankfully, the next try was a success, and we took off.
----
I don't seem to recall as many memories with her. We weren't that close, either.
But she was a good friend of mine, my batch-mate, my driving-motivator, if you may.
And this is a huge loss, for all of us.
M, you better be smiling down upon us everyday. You'll be remembered and will forever remain in our hearts.
"3 missed calls" , it said.
One of my classmates has been trying to call me since 4 in the morning. I called back.
"Remember M? She passed away today morning. We all are in the hospital." ( I prefer not taking the name)
I said "What?" , but in a very calm tone.
I wasn't shocked, yet. Still in denial. Did that really happen? Did I hear him right? I hung up, and sat up straight.
---------
During our first semester in the University, we had these introductory sessions in every class we went to.
It was the English class and everyone was just getting to know each other. Our Ma'am told us to write four words on the board which spoke about us but still don't give away everything.
We all had gone to the board and written words like "MUSIC" "FOOTBALL", etc, which almost gave away everything.
M walked towards the board and wrote "JACK".
We all wondered what Jack meant. She gave us a minute, saw our hopeless faces and said "Jack of all, master of none" , with an ear to ear smile. Well, yes she was. She could sing, dance, write, debate and what not. She did justice to that statement.
We had a couple of common classes together. And it was always a pleasure to have her around.
You could see her hopping around in the lobby with that black-angry-bird bag pack of hers.
Couple of days back, she and my classmate were running around the campus to get signatures of certain people for the Freshers' Party which we were organizing. I, on the other hand was driving around in my friend's car, learning how to drive in the third gear without making it a big deal.
I told I'd give them a ride.
They hopped in, thinking I was pro at driving.
Whenever I released the clutch, the car stopped. This happened for about eight minutes.
I kept saying "God, this is so embarrassing."
M said "Hey, I don't even know how to put the key inside the thing. You're doing a good job. "
She called -releasing the clutch- a good job. Just so that I don't get de-motivated.
I smiled at her. Fortunately and thankfully, the next try was a success, and we took off.
----
I don't seem to recall as many memories with her. We weren't that close, either.
But she was a good friend of mine, my batch-mate, my driving-motivator, if you may.
And this is a huge loss, for all of us.
M, you better be smiling down upon us everyday. You'll be remembered and will forever remain in our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment