Thursday, 1 August 2013

Fade

I stood under the golden sun.
I watched the trains go by.
Around I looked, I was the only one.
And wondered who left that sigh.
I stood there still, in the quiet.
I watched the moon take over
The sun set slowly, withdrew the rays
And I turned back only to discover-

An old man staring at the clock
With his robe abnormally thick,
He said "It's time, we shouldn't be here"
The spoiled clock said tik tok tik.

In disbelief, puzzled, I looked away.
Only to see, what looked like-
Me.

"You lost your love, wanted to lose your life"
Said the old man, as I started to fade.
"Stood close to a train" he whispered to me,
Pointing to the track on which my body lay.

I saw myself lie there helplessly
"Maybe there's still a beat?"
He nodded his head and grabbed my arm,
"Let's find you a body, you're incomplete."

No comments:

Post a Comment